Membership in the BC Health Coalition is open to all organizations and individuals who support the principles of the Canada Health Act, oppose privatization of health care, and support the principles of the Canadian Health Coalition's Call to Care Statement.
- The members of the Coalition meet at least once a year, or as determined by the members.
- The BCHC is located in a community-based space, which is easily accessible to as many people as possible.
- Consensus decision-making governs the BC Health Coalition's meetings.
- The inability to pay a membership fee does not exclude anyone or any organization from coalition membership.
The suggested annual membership fees will be set on a sliding scale as follows:
- Membership Fees for community groups, coalitions, networks, locals, or "parts of larger groups" are:
- $25 for groups with under 100 members;
- $50 for groups with 101 - 1000 members; and
- $75 for groups with over 1000 members.
- Membership Fees for provincial or regional organizations are:
- $50 for groups with under 1000 members;
- $100 for groups with 1000 to 10,000 members; and
- $500 for groups with over 10,000 members.
Want to participate on one of our Working Groups, start a local coalition or be actively involved in developing our campaigns? Download and return a MEMBER FORM.
Individuals may become a member of the BCHC for a nominal fee of $10. Individual members are added to our mailing list and receive regular information about BCHC campaigns. Members may be contacted with opportunities to volunteer or provide input on the coalition's priorities.
Become an individual member of the BC Health Coalition by: