Strengthening public health care for all
The BCHC is a democratic, non-profit, non-partisan network that brings organizations and 800,000+ individuals together across B.C. to strengthen and improve public health care for all.
Together we advocate for evidence-based improvements to our public health care system, stimulate public education on health care issues, and drive positive change to our health care system through campaigns across the province.
Our Campaigns and Advocacy
We run campaigns to strengthen and defend public health care. Check out some our current work here.
In the past, we have:
- Won legislation in B.C. to protect our public voluntary blood donation system
- Successfully advocated to scrap unfair MSP fees in BC by 2020
- Advocated for the creation of the office of the Seniors Advocate
- Won government commitment to real solutions to surgical and diagnositc wait times in B.C.
- Ran multiple election campaigns to encourage voters to support public health care champion candidates.