Membership in the BC Health Coalition is open to all organizations and individuals who support the principles of the Canada Health Act, oppose privatization of health care, and support the principles of the Canadian Health Coalition's Call to Care Statement .
The suggested annual membership fees will be set on a sliding scale as follows:
- Membership Fees for community groups, coalitions, networks, locals, or "parts of larger groups" are:
- $25 for groups with under 100 members;
- $50 for groups with 101 - 1000 members; and
- $75 for groups with over 1000 members.
- Membership Fees for provincial or regional organizations are:
- $50 for groups with under 1000 members;
- $100 for groups with 1000 to 10,000 members; and
- $500 for groups with over 10,000 members.
Individuals may become a member of the BCHC for a nominal fee of $10.
- The inability to pay a membership fee will never exclude anyone from coalition membership.
- The members of the Coalition will meet at least once a year, or as determined by the members.
- The BCHC will be located in a community-based space, which is easily accessible to as many people as possible.
- The BCHC will identify the consensus decision-making model that will govern its meetings. The coalition will then educate its membership about the parameters of consensus decision-making.
- An objective of the BCHC is to have a paid coordinator to support volunteer activities.
Want to participate on one of our Working Groups, start a local coalition or be actively involved in developing our campaigns? Download and return a MEMBER FORM.